Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vacation Lighting


Vacation Lighting

We’re getting ready for our vacation to Hawaii, and I can’t help but wonder if the condo we’ve rented has any LED lighting in it.  We’re taking a regional flight from Phoenix to San Francisco and then going San Francisco to Maui on a 767-300 jet.  Back when the 787 finally debuted, one of its features was LED lighting in the cabins.  I couldn’t find any information about 767s being retrofitted for LED.  Maybe I’ll take my LED book light in case the overhead light at my seat isn’t great.

Most of the bulbs our island hosts would replace would most likely be 60 or 75 watt bulbs.  The 60W replacement bulb has a light output of 700-900 lumens while using about 1/6th of the power of the incandescent bulb.  Another bulb they may replace would be a 75 watt bulb.  A 75W replacement puts out 900-1100 lumens while using on 12W of power.

I’m sorry, but I have to cut this short.  My son’s not feeling well.  I’ll try to do better tomorrow.

http://www.agreensupply.com/60W-Replacement-LED/
http://www.agreensupply.com/75W-Replacement-LED/

No comments:

Post a Comment