Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Philips Introduces New EnduraLED with AirFlux Technology


Philips Introduces New EnduraLED with AirFlux Technology

I hadn’t been feeling well when I first woke up this afternoon.  So much so every time I woke up for a little while I had to roll over – and eventually fall back to sleep.  I did this on and off until nearly 8 pm, about a half hour after I heard my husband and son get home.  One of the times I woke, shortly before they got home, was to move from my son’s room to my and my husband’s room.  When I woke up for the last time when my guys got home, I contemplated turning on the bedside lamp.  It’s LED, so I wondered if the brightness would hurt my eyes and make me want to roll over into sleep again.  So instead of turning it on, I braved the blind dark to start my “morning” routine.

Once I wake up enough, I get ready to write this.  I find the product – like today’s, the Philips EnduraLED lamp featuring AirFlux technology.  The bulbs provide a soft, diffused level of light and smooth dimming that reduces glare and makes them perfect for most residential, office, hospitality and retail spaces.

They look very much like halogen flood and spot lights, with one big difference: they’re LED, so they’re more energy-efficient, among other things.  The new bulbs are 30% lighter than a standard, 120W halogen PAR38 bulb (also designed by Philips) and offer increased candle power without heat sink fins.  

Most LEDs offer a 20,000-hour lifespan, while the new EnduraLED AirFlux bulbs offer over twice that (about 45,000 hours).  They reduce energy consumption by 100.5W compared to its halogen counterpart.  That’s an approximate dollar-savings of around $3,300 per year (based on 3,000 hours annual usage at $0.11/kWh), not to mention labor costs and other expenditures when using the light in commercial spaces.

My family and I really need to start touring new houses, to figure out whether these should be part of our LED makeover game plan.

http://www.ledoracle.com/2012/05/01/philips-premieres-new-enduraled-lamps-featuring-airflux-technology/

No comments:

Post a Comment