Thursday, June 28, 2012

GE Introduces New 25 Watt Replacement Bulb


GE Introduces New 25 Watt Replacement Bulb

Fourth of July is coming up.  My birthday (July 7) is almost here too.  Maybe this year…well, a new LED bulb would be kind of a weird birthday gift, wouldn’t it?  When my mom asked, I went with funny for a moment, although it was probably anything but.  I lost my full-time job, but I’m bouncing back.  Jokingly, when she asked what I wanted, the first two things out of my mouth were 1) money and 2) a job.  Especially since we’re still settling into the house we just moved in to.  If I don’t get something soon, we’ll have to move – again.  And I hate moving, don’t you?  But our recent power bill has me thinking a couple LED bulbs might be the perfect gift.  Mind you, since my husband and I both work out of home – either part or full time – our computers and other such devices are always on.  Added to that, there’s a lot of natural light in this house, so we barely ever have the lights on during the day.  But pretty much every bulb in this place is either a money-sucking incandescent or halogen bulb.  So I turned to our website for help.  Thankfully, there are two new solutions to one of my problems (that job thing is a whole other animal).

The possible answer: the GE Energy Smart ® 25W Replacement (4.5W) PAR16 LED Light Bulb in warm white.  It’s Energy Star rated and comes in two versions – a dimmable and a non-dimmable.  It’s perfect for accent lighting, but does just as good in a floor or table lamp.  Like other LEDs, it has a 25,000 hour lifespan.  It cranks out 200 lumens of light (which is what makes it comparable to an incandescent 25W) while using only about 5.5% of the wattage of the incandescent bulb.

This bulb would really cut back on my energy bill.  This one bulb can knock off nearly $57 from my bill over the life of the bulb.  That, of course, won’t pay an entire bill, but it puts that much more money in my pocket, and if I installed eight of these around my house, by the end of the life of the bulb, I could pay my entire electric bill that month.

Now, however, it’s lights out in this house.  Sadly, none of the lights I’ll be turning out is one of these.

http://www.agreensupply.com/ge-energy-smart-r-25w-replacement-4-5w-par16-led-light-bulb-warm-white-energy-star-r-qualified-led5p16s-nfl-tp/

http://www.agreensupply.com/ge-energy-smart-r-dimmable-25w-replacement-4-5w-par16-led-light-bulb-warm-white-led5dp16s-nfl-tp/

No comments:

Post a Comment