Friday, April 27, 2012

Sources of Information are Everywhere


Sources of Information are Everywhere

The nice thing about family and friends that knows what you do is that they’re always keeping a lookout about news in your area of expertise.  I have a pretty good article coming up, but I just need the pictures of the product my mom will be taking once the product gets to her workplace.  Then the other day my husband was working at his part time job and noticed an article about the L Prize-winning Philips EnduraLED™ A 19 dimmable 60W replacement (10W) bulb.  I informed him that I’d already reported on this particular product, but thanks.  He still keeps out a watch for things though.  Then there are the other family members and friends who don’t know the first thing when it comes to LEDs (remember the bulbs that look like “curly fries”?)  So then I get to talk all about the attributes of LEDs and just why they should switch.

But today I’m holding off on that kind of talk.  Instead, I’ll be looking at the product I meant to discuss yesterday, but still had power issues.  And you don’t want me trying to type a 300-word blog entry on a cell phone with my thumbs, right?  Just the auto-correct would be a pain.

Today’s topic: the Philips AmbientLED™ 20W (3.5W) replacement MR11 flood LED bulb with GU5.3 base in soft warm white.  These bulbs are often used in open flood and recessed lighting, as well as track lighting fixtures and landscape flood lights.  The bulb  emits directional spot light which allows you to focus the light on whatever area you desire, whether inside or outside the home.

Like just about every Philips LED, the AmbientLED™ 20W replacement is at least 80% more energy-efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs while producing the same amount of light.  Additionally, there’s no delay in on/off switching and no flicker.  The bulb, like other LED products, lasts up to 25,000 hours.  For those who don’t know, that’s 25 times longer than a traditional incandescent bulb and 2.5 times longer than a fluorescent.

We will be moving soon, hopefully to a place with a bigger, nicer back and front yard.  Maybe we’ll pack some of these!

http://www.agreensupply.com/philips-ambientled-tm-20w-3-5w-replacement-mr11-flood-led-light-bulb-with-gu5-3-base-soft-warm-white/

No comments:

Post a Comment